Travel Grants for the 2018 NGRPC have been awarded.
Thank you to all those who applied and our sponsors, who made it possible.
Active graduate students specializing in fields related to polymer science and engineering are welcome to apply. Awards are intended for students from under-represented minorities and/or schools/research groups who, without funding, would be otherwise unable to attend this conference.
Funds for a total of six travel grants have been generously donated from the Center for Sustainable Polymers (CSP), Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers (MRSEC), and Industrial Partnership for Research in Interfacial and Materials Engineering (IPRIME) at the University of Minnesota. Four travel grants will be awarded to under-represented minorities and two travel grants will be presented to graduate students from schools or research groups unable to fund attendance to this conference based on need.
Each travel grant is worth up to $500 to cover registration fees, transportation costs, and/or food for non-provided meals associated with attending the NGRPC 2018 Meeting in Minneapolis, MN at the University of Minnesota. The price of lodging in dorms is included in the registration fee.
- You qualify as an active graduate student at your respective institution. (Post-doctoral researchers are not eligible for these travel grants due to the nature of this conference)
- You represent diversity and/or have need:
- Under-represented minority
- Graduate student from a school or research group unable to fund attendance to this conference
- You intend to present at the NGRPC (either a poster or oral presentation)
Statement of Diversity/Need (500 words or less):
Diversity: Comment your commitment towards diversity, inclusion, and community involvement in graduate school as it relates to under-represented minorities through personal experiences and/or values.
Need: Comment on what you would gain from attending this conference with a brief justification of need.
Include the following information in an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “NGRPC Travel Grant: Last name, First name, Institution”
- Name (First and Last)
- Institution name
- Year in graduate school
- Statement of Diversity or Need (500 words or less)—PDF only
- Abstract—PDF only
- Resume—PDF only
- Letter of recommendation—provide the name and email of the professor that will be writing the letter. Please have your professor email the letter (PDF format) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted by March 31st, 2018 to be considered eligible for one of the six CSP, MRSEC, and IPRIME travel grants.